Sunday, January 15, 2012

50 Things I Didn't Have to Worry About in 1964

I won't say that life has gotten simpler, since I graduated from high school in 1964, but I will say there is more to think about, worry about and generally keep up with. I thought it would be fun to compile a list of some of things that were not a part of my life in 1964.


1. Losing my phone in my purse
2. Losing the remote control in the sofa
3. Finding a key case big enough to hold a really FAT key
4. De-magnetizing my room key
5. The hot tub
6. Losing data
7. Filling up my hard drive
8. Recycling anything
9. Things exploding in the microwave oven
10. Figuring out how to open a child proof cap
11. Having my GPS lead me astray
12. Ice spewing from the dispenser
13. Faxes not going through
14. Fastening my seatbelt
15. Changing my watch battery
16. Identity theft
17. Getting a phone call during a play
18. Remembering to bring the sunscreen
19. Remembering to use bug spray
20. Texting at a traffic light
21. Charging my tooth brush
22. Too many post-it notes
23. Uploading photos to anything
24. Red light cameras
25. The cable going out
26. Rebooting the Ethernet hub
27. Finding an ATM
28. A barcode that can’t be read
29. Wearing the letters off the keyboard
30. The ice maker getting stuck
31. Handling hundreds of emails each day
32. SPAM (not the food)
33. Getting into the HOV lane
34. Getting in the EZ Pass Lane
35. Wearing slip on shoes when flying
36. Putting my cosmetics in a zippered bag
37. Full body scans at the airport
38. Unattended luggage
39. Terrorists
40. Fitting my roller bag in the overhead bin
41. Printing my boarding pass the night before my flight
42. Listening to my GPS complain about recalculating
43. Calling 911 in an emergency
44. Loading music onto my telephone
45. Synchronizing my calendar
46. Pumping gas
47. Storing plastic grocery bags
48. Being on time for the free breakfast at the motel
49. Gaining admission to the airport lounge
50. Opening the garage door when the power is out

No comments: